Simple Holiday Design and Decor Tips
If you're anything like me, you might find yourself setting up a Christmas tree, stringing lights and listening to Michael Buble's new Christmas album this weekend. I love the holidays and in my good cheer, here are some helpful tips for making your home or office warm and welcoming for family and friends in the anticipation of Christmas and the New Year.
1. Stay with one theme and style for your holiday decorating. It makes shopping for decor easier and makes your space feel professionally finished.
2. Choose two to three colors for your holiday palette and keep it consistent. Multiple color palettes can be too distracting. Try silver, blue and white or red, gold and brown.
3. Create a family tradition and involve the kids. Purchase a wreath of greens then gather items to decorate it. Use pine cones, ribbons, crystals, feathers, beaded garland or homemade paper snowflakes.
4. Give your space a different look and feel for this special time of year. Rearrange your furniture to highlight a focal point such as the fireplace. If you don’t have a fireplace, arrange the furniture to create the best layout for cozy conversations.
5. White lights are classic and can be used with any color scheme.
6. Use candles. Nothing makes a room feel warmer and more inviting than candlelight.
7. Bring the holiday celebration into every room. Kitchens and bathrooms are a great place to place tasteful holiday decor.
Modified from HGTV