A tradition beginning in 1947 to serve the close-knit and beloved Michigan community through good old-fashioned food and fun continues with the major remodel of this rustic bar and grill.
Enclosing the front patio and incorporating a new stone fired pizza grill gives the place an entirely new feel. Collaborating with local contractors and sourcing primarily Michigan-made materials was key in revamping the Portland landmark. Improvements across the board, including audio-visual updates, enhanced curb appeal, a new website and menu options have all contributed to increased business since renovation.
The design honors the family’s storied business history. The new owner recalls helping out as soon as he was old enough to stand on crates behind the counter. A new feature wall behind the bar is finished with historic wood and stone that was salvaged from a downtown church after tornado damage earlier that year.